Thursday, February 9, 2012

the beauty of handwritten notes

How do handwritten notes differ from electronically communicated messages? When we can quickly and efficiently communicate over the Internet, is there a value in a hand-written note? When I get a handwritten letter or card in the mail, I feel that the sender really tries hard to reach me. Since there are multiple steps that go into sending a letter/card, I get the sense that I am truly important to that person. The deliberation makes the communication more meaningful. On another level, there is also the handwriting per se - the actual ink that has traveled from point A to point B. I can almost envision the sender bending over the table and handcrafting the letter or note. The ink poured over the paper and the occasional spill of tea or a mistake erased is proof that somebody else has touched the paper before me. The deliberation of the act and the personal touch of the actual writing is what makes the handwritten note so special to me.

42/365. Hamburg, Germany


41/365. Seattle, US




40/365. Jever, Germany



39/365. Munich, Germany



38/365. Seattle, USA



37/365. Braunfels, Germany



36/365. Seattle, WA



35/365. Hamburg, Germany
div>























No comments: