Thursday, February 2, 2012

daily practice

I have just come across this beautiful book on artist's sketchbooks entitled An Illustrated Life. Danny Gregory has been writing and creating a personal sketchbook ever since he was a child. He has made it a daily practice to record the world around him visually. Gregory has always been curious to get a glance at other artist's sketchbooks. But since they are private by nature, he had no luck. While his first book Everyday Matters inspired many artists or creative people to keep an art journal, he reached out to several artists and published a book on the practice of keeping sketchbook. The book is a treasure for young and old and my kids and I have enjoyed pouring over the both serious and ridiculous entries of the many artists featured in the book. As a result, my six-year old now keeps an art journal for his many silly ideas that cross his mind throughout the day. As for myself, I find the daily practice of creating a postcard not quiet as private, but equally gratifying. The one benefit is that I am not only connecting with my inner artist but also with family and friends.


February 3, 2012, to Seattle




February 2, to Bern, Switzerland


February 1, to La, CA, by guest artist Yonah Light




Jan. 31, to Seattle




Jan. 30, to Seattle






No comments: