Monday, January 2, 2012

A Postcard a day

A Postcard a day for a year!



Inspired by year long projects of visual artists and designers, I have decided to create, write and send a postcard a day. The purpose is multifold. I would like to spark my own creativity and at the same time to reconnect with friends "the old way." Remember what a pleasure it is to receive real mail in the mailbox. When I lived in Israel for a year and a half and e-mail was not yet an options, we would hover over the mailbox around lunch time and were so envious of whoever received a treasured letter from home. This project is designated to celebrate snail mail! May it continue awhile longer!


1.1.2012 sent to Germany, Giessen







1.2.2012 sent to Germany, Koenigswinter












2 comments:

Maze Card said...

THEESE ARE SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE I WANT TO BE A GUEST ARTIST!!!!!

Victor Burzlaff said...

I wish you all the best with your challenge. It is really a lovely idea, to break the chain of technology and rekindle the art of handwriting, postcard design and use of postal mail. Your post cards are very artistic, which I foresee to become a collectors item. Victor Burzlaff, Botswana.