Thursday, January 26, 2012

perfectionism

I have been thinking a lot about prefectionism and expectations lately. Especcially when we do art, we expect that the outcome be perfect. With kids' art we see it differently. We grant children to just have fun and excuse the imperfection of their images. When children become more reflective about their surrounding, it becomes clear to them that the way they portray the world is not in sync with reality. That is the moment when most of us were discouraged by art.

By doing a project like "mazecard" I allow myself to be imperfect. The expectation cannot be that every day I create a master piece, on the contrary, my expectations are very low. If I get to express myself creatively every day, then I have reached my goal. By overcoming that hurdle of high expecations I open myself to the possibility of growth. By allowing myself to create something imperfect, I allow myself to have - once again - fun with art. Perhaps you will join me?!



29/365, sent to Braunfels, Germany - by guest artist Yonah Light



28/365, sent to Venice, LA, by guest artist Ana Light


27/365, sent to Seattle, WA


26/365, sent to Seattle, WA


25/365, sent to Bremen, Germany - guest artist Yonah Light

No comments: