Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Belated Mother's Day

Mother's Day always hits me the morning of, when it is too late to get that gift or greeting card sent to the moms in my life.  I have lost my own mother 10 years ago and this day - among others - is an opportunity to share stories with my kids about the many likes and dislikes of my mom.  For example, she would never let a delicious piece of cake go bad, she loved to save on dish washing by eating the salad straight from the bowl, she was a bit serious, but when you could get her to laugh, it was a fiesta to be remembered.  She also loved flowers and rhododendron - for that she would have enjoyed a visit to the Pacific Northwest.  I am glad to say, though, that I have married into a family with very strong women and I enjoy being nurtured by the many role models of motherhood presented to me and my children.  Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you!

134/365, sent to Los Angeles, CA

135/365, sent to Los Angeles, CA

136/365, sent to Los Angeles, CA

137/365, sent to Tarzana, CA

No comments: