Sunday, June 3, 2012

Klee inspired heads

All of us have had the experience of walking the galleries of a museum and wondering what makes this particular painting special?  It looks like my 5 year old can do the same thing!  Only when you try to imitate someones art do you realize how difficult the seemingly simple is. Klee has such a wonderful sense of color and shape that is challenging to recapture, and as you can see, I have pretty much given up on it after the first drawing. I got inspired to venture into creating my own bobble heads that look like something from a kids cartoon. Oh,well! There are days that you are happier with the outcome of your creativity and days when you are less satisfied. So how do you live with those small disappointments, then? I try to look at them now and see how it feels to be bothered by imperfection. Where does the feeling sit in my body, how does it taste on my tongue, what energy does it release in my gut? I try to be extra curious about the sensation of disappointment and learn to tolerate the unpleasantness of it.  It sure is a life-long learning experience.



139/365, sent to Seattle, WA

140/365, sent to Seattle, WA

141/365, sent to Seattle, WA

142/365, sent to Duesseldorf, Germany

143/365, sent to Braunfels- Tiefenbach, Germany

No comments: