Sunday, August 19, 2012

home town

We were visiting my home town in Germany, called Braunfels. It is a quaint town with half-timbered houses, cobblestone streets topped by a magnificent medieval castle.  It is quite funny that I never appreciated the town when I lived there as a child.  Only returning there as an adult, I see its beauty and understand why my parents chose the town to build their family.  When we go visit now, we have a competition about who sees the towers of the castle first.  As you can imagine, there are lots of shouts and yells and a bit of a fight about who won the game.

This week I had lots of helpers:  My kids and and the children of old friends in Germany were eager to help out.  Enjoy the variety!
212/365, sent from Braunfels to Seattle

215/365, sent from Braunfels to Jever, guest artist Moritz R. (5)

216/365, sent from Braunfels to Bliesdorf, guest artist Yonah L. (6)

217/365, sent from Braunfels to Berlin, guest artist Ana L/ (12)

218/365, sent from Braunfels to Seattle, guest artist Oskar R. (10)

No comments: