Thursday, March 15, 2012

undoing things

I got this beautiful yarn as a gift. It is a light grass green angora wool mixed with the softest rabbit hair and it just feels exquisite in my hands. The project I intended for it seems much too difficult. After ripping my attempts open too many times, I have given up on it. I have chosen a different project - but alas - I find myself opening up and starting from scratch more than I like to. Is it just that I am choosing the wrong projects or that I am in the mood for a challenge? I don't feel discouraged, but rather tickled by the attempt to get it right. The beauty of knitting is that you always have another chance. The wool unravels and is in the same perfect shape as before. That is different with paper or life. Once you have painted on it or made your mark, there is no way to return. You can choose to correct your mistake and walk into a different direction, but you cannot undo it. That's why I like the knitting - I get a second, third, fourth and even fiftieth chance.

69/365, sent to Seattle, WA

70/365, sent to Jerusalem, Israel

71/365, sent to Seattle, WA

72/365, hand-delivered within Seattle, WA

73/365, sent to Hamburg, Germany

No comments: