Thursday, November 29, 2012

paint chips illustrations

We are in the process of renovating our kitchen. I carry the burden and pleasure of having to make lots of functional and design decisions in the process. It is interesting how some decisions come easy and others are harder to make. It is mostly when I don't have a specific idea about how I want things to look, that it is more challenging for me to make the decision.

Part of the kitchen remodel was finding a wall color to match the newly created space. Standing in the paint store, I was overwhelmed by the amount of magnificent colors and equally tantalizing names accompanying them. I walked out of the store with lots of paint chips but not a better idea of how my walls were supposed to look. Inspired by artist Geninne Zlatkis (www.geninne.com) who has used paint chips to create her illustrations, this line of postcards came into being. They are bright and vibrant and whimsical at the same time!

318/365, hand-delivered in Seattle

319/365, sent to Redmond, WA

320/365, sent to Hamburg, Germany

321/365, sent to Jerusalem, Israel

322/365, sent to Jerusalem, Israel

323/365, sent to Berlin, Germany

No comments: