Monday, December 3, 2012

my Israel

When I was in my twenties, I lived in Israel for 2 and 1/2 years. I have grown to love the country and the people with and despite their conflicts. I was one of three volunteers for a German organization called Action Reconciliation and Services for Peace (ASF) who returned to Israel after the organization withdrew the entire volunteer cohort during the Gulf War in 1991. It was important to me then to remain in Israel during crisis and to be there with friends and the people I worked for. I did not want to send the signal that I am here to help out when things are great, but when it gets tough, I am out of here. That is not what good friends do. In the batch of postcards last week, I sent multiple out to friends in Israel to state my concern and pledge my support for the newest conflict and struggle in the region.


324/365, sent to Bremen, Germany

325/365, sent to Seattle, WA

326/365, sent to Seattle, WA

327/365, sent to Los Angeles, CA

328/365, sent to Frankfurt, Germany

No comments: