Monday, June 18, 2012

Before moving to Seattle

Before moving to Seattle, I lived in New York and worked at a small Judaica museum located at The Hebrew Home for the Ages in Riverdale, just north of New York City. The setting was just gorgeous, overlooking the Hudson River towards sunset. My tasks, among others, was to staff the museum on Sundays. I just loved my slow commute up to the country side and being almost all by myself in the museum. What quietness and bliss! Many of the below postcards were sent off to the lovely women I got to work with and meet during this time of my life.
In addition, I enjoyed playing with water color, documenting these small medicinals which I like to display on my window sill with one or two flowers from my garden.

154/365, sent to Riverdale, NY

155/365, sent to Yonkers, NY

156/365, sent to Berlin, Germany

157/365, hand-delivered in Seattle

158/365, sent to New York, NY

159/365, sent to Los Angeles, CA, by guest artist Yonah (6)

No comments: