Wednesday, October 10, 2012

childish inspirations

These postcards were inspired by pictures created by my 6 year old son. As you can tell, he has been into rockets and submarines lately.  Over the past weeks I have collected various drawings of his and have now incorporated them into these collages. It was a happy coincidence that we celebrated two kid's birthdays this week in our extended family so that these whimsical cards were appropriate. I still admire a child's fantasy which is less inhibited than my own. Taking a child's image as a vantage point I can allow myself to dream a little as well - thinking back to when I was a kid and created numerous pictures of princesses with long hair.


269/365, hand-delivered in Seattle

270/365, sent to Jever, Germany

271/365, sent to Bellevue, WA


271/365, sent to St. Paul, Minnesota

272/365, sent to Los Angeles

No comments: