Friday, October 26, 2012

spidey rescues the toothfairy

Can Spiderman step in as tooth fairy? Sure he can. Last week, when my youngest lost a tooth, I was busy and assigned my husband with the honorable task of designing a picture of the tooth fairy. That week, my son had just been reading his first book on his very own entitled Spiderman against Sandman. So here Spidey came to the rescue when the tooth fairy was held back by Sandman and had begged Spidey to deliver the goods and rescue the tooth. Well done - Spidey!


283/365, hand-delivered by the tooth fairy (guest artist Stuart L.)


284/365, sent to Bellevue


285/365, sent to Seattle
This image was inspired by my daughter's in depth study of the Holocaust.  Her class is part of an online experiment where kids take on the identity of a historic figure in order to discuss a current political dilemma. The organization who orchastrates it is centropa.org.  My postcard depicts Lilli Tauber, a holocaust survivor, whose identity Ana is studying and whose story can be viewed on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHHu-BI4l3w

286/365, sent to Seattle

287/365, sent to Seattle

No comments: