Monday, October 15, 2012

monoprints

Just recently a friend of mine asked me how I control what happens to the cards once I send them out.  It got me thinking and I realized that I do not have any control over their whereabouts once the card gets taken away by my postal carrier.   Isn't this a great metaphor for child rearing?  As with my postcards, I do my best to take good care of my kids, teach them our values, instill life long skills and try to shape them so that they can function well in society.  When they are ready for more independence, I loose some of my influence and I can only hope that they make good decisions based on what they have learned in their early years of childhood.  The same with my cards, I design them, prepare them, write the address on them and add a stamp and then it is up to the world to determine what the outcome may be.  Hopefully most of them make it to their destinations! 


273/365, sent to Kirkland, WA 

274/365, sent to Seattle

275/365, sent to Seattle

276/365, sent to Potsdam, Germany

277/365, sent to Seattle

No comments: