Sunday, October 21, 2012

table patterns

These cards are inspired by creativity teacher Carla Sonheim who finds sidewalk cracks a great starting point to drawing from imagination. In her new book, Drawing and Painting Imaginary Animals, which she introduced last night at a local bookstore, she explains many out of the box ways to approach artistic expression.

Instead of sidewalk cracks, I used the patterns on the table at which I sat during a 4-day seminar on how to become a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for children. Doodling was a helpful pastime while I learned about so many difficult and important subject matters pertaining children's safety in families. Once again I found it soothing to draw and not at all distracting to what I was listening to.


278/365, sent to Los Angeles, CA

279/365, hand-delivered in Seattle

280/365, sent to Seattle, WA

281/365, sent to Seattle, WA

282/365, sent to Seattle, WA

No comments: